Any INSHAPE professional who meets the eligibility requirements and exemplifies the criteria below may be nominated for this award.
- Current member in INSHAPE at the point of retirement.
- Given at least 25 years of service to the Association,
- Serves or has served in a health, physical education, recreation, dance, sport, or allied career,
- Made a distinguished contribution to the Association (Program Director, Committee, Conference, Programs), and
- Awarded near the end of a career or in retirement.
The nominee must be an individual who:
- Has made important contributions to health, physical education, recreation, dance, sport, and/or allied professions, and
- Continues to contribute to the profession in significant ways over the course of his/her entire career.
Nominations from the individual’s sponsor (primary nominator) must be submitted by July 31, 2022
Nominator provides a biographical sketch outlining the contributions of the nominee and how those contributions are deserving of recognition.
Selection and Recognition Process
- The Awards Committee will select one award recipient from the pool of qualified applicants.
- Applicants will be notified by early Fall.
- The award will be presented at the State Conference in November.
Previous Award Recipients
2021 Ed Shilling
2020 Keith Buetow
2019 Kim Duchane
2018 LeAnn Haggard
2017 Becky Hull
2016 Jennifer Jones
2015 Jane Davis-Brezette
2014 Tom Sawyer
2013 Bobbi Lautzenheiser
2012 Karen Hatch and Cathy Huntsinger
2011 Mary Jo McClelland and Jan Miller
2010 Paul Nicholas Kellum
2009 Lana Groombridge
2008 Pat Zezula
2007 Barbara Greenburg
2006 Vernon Houchins
2004 Sally Dill
2004 Sue Barrett
2004 Nikki Assmann
2003 Adelaide Cole
2003 Nancy Linson
2002 Harry Moser
2002 Joanne Price
2001 Romona Holsinger
2001 Mildred Lemen
2001 John Reno
2000 Anthony Annarino
1999 Dolores Wilson