The Communications Council Chair is an elected, voting member of the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
The President shall oversee the Communications Council Chair.
Length: The term of office is up to two years commencing on the day after the annual conference held in odd numbered years.
Limit: The Communications Council Chair may not serve more than two consecutive terms.
The Communications Council Chair shall submit reports to the Secretary 10 days prior to the date of each Board Meeting and upon request.
The Communications Council Chair shall meet with his/her successor as soon as possible and as often as necessary for the new Communications Council Chair to certify that all pertinent committee information has been transferred and any necessary training/consultation has occurred to ensure the new Communications Council Chair can successfully assume responsibilities on the first day of office.
- Serve on the Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Serve as chair of the communications committee comprised of representatives for social media, email, web site, public relations, and print.
- Establish annual communication goals for the association.
- Create and execute communications campaigns to retain and grow membership.
- Develop written marketing policies and procedures that have a positive impact on the Association.
- Annually review/revise the Association’s marketing communication policies/procedures.
- Create and communicate an annual calendar of publication-related dates (due dates, publication dates, etc.).
- Oversee the management of the Association website on a regular basis.
- Oversee the management of the Association’s social media plan on a regular basis.
- Oversee the editing and publishing of journals, newsletters, and publications of the Association including the state conference program.
- Manage the public relations and marketing initiatives of the Association.
- Serve on the conference committee responsible for promotion.
- Provide a report of communications at each Board of Directors meeting.
- Submit an annual report to the Secretary by December 1.
- Perform duties as requested by the President.
Revised, October, 2019