The Membership Council Chair is an elected, voting member of the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
The President shall oversee the Membership Council Chair.
Length: The term of office is up to two years commencing on the day after the annual conference held in even numbered years.
Limit: The Membership Council Chair may not serve more than two consecutive terms.
The Membership Council Chair shall submit reports to the Secretary 10 days prior to the date of each Board Meeting and upon request.
The Membership Council Chair shall meet with his/her successor as soon as possible and as often as necessary for the new Membership Council Chair to certify that all pertinent committee information has been transferred and any necessary training/consultation has occurred to ensure the new Membership Council Chair can successfully assume responsibilities on the first day of office.
- Serve on the Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Serve as chair of the membership committee comprised of at least nine regional representatives.
- Establish annual membership goals for the association.
- Annually review membership categories and prices. Recommend changes to membership categories and prices as necessary for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Create and execute membership campaigns to retain and grow membership.
- Serve on the conference committee responsible for registration.
- Oversee the management of a database of current, past, and potential members. (managed by executive director / contractor).
- Collaborate with the Higher Education Council to coordinate the management of a database of contacts at all Indiana colleges and universities to facilitate the exchange and dissemination of information.
- Collaborate with the Conference Committee to coordinate the management of a database of contacts at current and potential partners, related organizations, and exhibitors.
- Provide a report of current membership at each Board of Directors meeting.
- Submit an annual report to the Secretary by December 1.
- Perform duties as requested by the President.
Revised, October, 2019.