Any female in health, physical education, recreation, dance (HPERD), and/or sport who meets the eligibility requirements and exemplifies the criteria below may be nominated for this award.
- Current membership in INSHAPE,
- Must be at least 30 years of age, and
- Minimum of five years as a teacher and/or supervisor in HPERD.
The applicant must be an individual who:
- Advocates, recruits, and enhances opportunities for girls and women in sport and sport leadership,
- Supports equity in sports – equal funding, quality, and respect for girls’ and women’s sports, and
- Has made significant contributions to girls and women in sport.
Complete online application by April 1, 2021
Application requires one (1) letter of recommendation from applicant’s principal or colleague. The letter should be directly related to the award criteria.
Selection and Recognition Process
- The Awards Committee will select one award recipient from the pool of qualified applicants.
- Applicants will be notified by June 1.
- The award will be presented at the State Conference in November.
- Award recipient is expected to present a session at the State Conference the following year.
Previous Award Recipients
2019 Cindy DeWitt
2018 Diana Jones
2017 Patricia Marcum
2016 Renee Frimming
2015 Roberta Sipe
2010 Lynn Griffin
2009 Glenna Bower
2008 Marilyn Strawbridge
2007 Pat Zezula
2006 Kim Eiler
2005 Lynn Hall
2004 Suzanne Willey
2003 Lisa Hicks
2002 Sue Bowman
2001 Jenny Johnson-Kappes
2000 Priscilla Dillow
1999 Becky Hull
1998 Judy George
1995 Sandra Hamilton