About the Program
Across the country, today’s children and adolescents — at all grade levels — do not get enough physical activity, and are struggling with anxiety, depression, and other mental health challenges. Understanding these challenges, promoting an active school environment, and teaching children how to cope with stress, bullying, and societal pressures can make all the difference.
The health. moves. minds.™ program brings the lessons, activities, and community-building ideas that can help kids live their best lives.
Reasons to Participate
- The programs start in physical education, but are geared for the whole child, whole school, and whole community.
- Teacher-friendly, student-friendly resources are adaptable for your classroom needs.
- Program materials in grade bands K-2, 3-5 and 6-8, and high school.
- You set the tone of your classes with these words: happiness, kindness, mindfulness, empowerment, and wellness.
- You choose the timing and theme of your school’s event. Do what works best for your school!
- Up to 50% of the money your school raises benefits your school.
- You are supporting your state and national professional organizations, which in turn offers grants, scholarships, advocacy, recognition, and professional development.
Choose Where Your Funds Go!
There are two flexible fundraising options when you sign up for the health. moves. minds. program to help you make the biggest impact in your school & community!
Your impact goes even further! The remainder of the funds raised will help support health and physical education programs and advocacy at the local, state and national levels.
Still not sure? Contact INSHAPE’s health. moves. minds. leader Meg Hite to get all your questions answered.