About the Program
Across the country, today’s children and adolescents — at all grade levels — do not get enough physical activity, and are struggling with anxiety, depression, and other mental health challenges. Understanding these challenges, promoting an active school environment, and teaching children how to cope with stress, bullying, and societal pressures can make all the difference.
The health. moves. minds.™ program brings the lessons, activities, and community-building ideas that can help kids live their best lives.
Reasons to Participate
- The programs start in physical education, but are geared for the whole child, whole school, and whole community.
- Teacher-friendly, student-friendly resources are adaptable for your classroom needs.
- Program materials in grade bands K-2, 3-5 and 6-8, and high school.
- You set the tone of your classes with these words: happiness, kindness, mindfulness, empowerment, and wellness.
- You choose the timing and theme of your school’s event. Do what works best for your school!
- Up to 50% of the money your school raises benefits your school.
- You are supporting your state and national professional organizations, which in turn offers grants, scholarships, advocacy, recognition, and professional development.